Friday, November 13, 2015

Ep 20 - Extra 4: An interview with Jimi by Joe Lawler that I stole from Juice

See original article here - http://archive.dmjuice.com/birthday-bash/


Birthday bash

Published on May 13th, 2014 | by Joe Lawler
Jimi “Strychnine” Scribner is the kitchen manager at House of Bricks, 525 E. Grand Ave. Hold for Swank, The New Bodies, Wrestling with Wolves and others play the Jimi Strychnine Birthday show at 5 p.m. Saturday at House of Bricks.
Q: How long have you been working at House of Bricks?
Thirteen years. I started out on sound, but I was getting kind of burned out on that when they opened the kitchen. When I was in the military I got my chef degree and they asked me to run it. It worked out for both of us.
Q: Can you hear the music when you’re in the kitchen?
Yeah, I think I can probably hear better in the kitchen. There’s no outside noise or conversation; I’m just hearing the music. It’s pretty good. You can tell when a band is really on, and when they need to get back in the basement and practice more.
Q: What do you like to listen to?
I listen to a lot of oldies radio. When I close down at night, it’s Clutch. There’s something about Clutch that makes it go so much easier. Clutch or Motorhead.

No comments:

Popular Posts of the last 7 days

Popular Posts of last 30 days

Popular Posts of Past 365 Days

Most Popular Posts of All