Friday, November 13, 2015

Ep 20 - Extra 3: Julia Mahlstadt on Jimi

Julia Mahlstadt is the lead singer and songwriter of Des Moines band, Madam Jules.

Jimi is a staple. A staple of the local music and restaurant community of Des Moines.

He may come off rude, well, he is rude, at first. Maybe blunt is a better term, but you get the point. After he's hazed you enough and you keep coming back, he will one day show his vagina tattoos on his back to you. I think that's the moment that you are his friend.

He opens his heart and anything he can do for you after that. He will give you his hoodie to smoke and I one time lost his hoodie and he will never let me live it down. Reminding me I owe him a hoodie! Anyway, he's bought a cab home for me when a super creep was trying to split a cab with me.

He'll tell you about all the red headed women in his life. Stories of the Navy. Recipes. He will play his air guitar and air bass, because there is a difference.

He is Jimi and there is no one like him. He has lived fearlessly. He uses that same fearlessness and hardworking attitude when it has came to fighting cancer. Jimi knows what to do when it needs to be done.

I love Jimi and he has taken this in stride. He's taken hits in life and knows how to fight and keep his ground. Jimi, you old man, you fucking asshole, I love you and can't wait to see what comes next!

No comments:

Popular Posts of the last 7 days

Popular Posts of last 30 days

Popular Posts of Past 365 Days

Most Popular Posts of All