Friday, October 23, 2015

"Iowa Music Showcase theme (Halloween edition)" by Ross Kendall



"After graduating from college in 1977 with a BA in Piano Performance, I knew that I wanted to be in a band or working in some capacity with music, so this is what this website is all about. As far as being a "multi-keyboardist", instead of just being a piano player or organist, my thoughts are pretty simple. First, with the evolution of electronic instruments, the sound of today's synths are astonishing. To carry a real Hammond organ (and I used to), or grand piano is relatively stupid, mainly because they weigh so much. Second, I compare myself to a drummer. Each drum in a kit has a certain function, and all my keyboards have various functions, as well. It's true, I could change presets like a madman on stage, hopefully, hit all the right buttons. But, as I get older, I can't see all that well in the dark, even with backdrop lighting on stage. So, I assign one keyboard as my piano, another as my organ, another as string/horns and so on. Is it worth it to carry that many keyboards? Well, I get compliments from fans and other musicians that the bands I am in sound just like the original band or even better. So, yeah, it's worth it to me. In fact, the greatest compliment I ever heard was from a fan who had just heard us play "Comfortably Numb" by Pink Floyd. The fan said that they had experienced goosebumps while we were playing the song."
- from his home page

Lineup:
Ross Kendall - all instruments


Home page:
http://www.freewebs.com/rdk-keyboardist/bio.htm

No comments:

Popular Posts of the last 7 days

Popular Posts of last 30 days

Popular Posts of Past 365 Days

Most Popular Posts of All