Monday, November 27, 2017

Ep 56 - Song 1: "3am on Christmas Eve" by Marc Bailey



"The old saying ‘walk before you run’ would be an apt description of Iowa native Marc Bailey’s time in music. “The first 10 years or so I was really focused on putting together instrumentation and studying how everything interacted together,” says Marc. 'Each project I worked on taught me something new in terms of dynamics and creating songs. Then I flipped everything upside down by picking up a new instrument and immersed myself in songwriting as a whole.'

“'By no means am I reinventing the wheel, but every person has their own experiences and perspective so that naturally lends to a different take on things. I really dig getting lost in songs and finding my own meanings, my hope is that people can do the same with the songs I write.'”
- from his descriptiion of the 2017 Iowa Arts Festival web page on it live music

"I was in Ira Grace & the Bible Belt Prophets but now play on my own... the band is on hiatus, but I'm trudging on writing music and playing live."
- from an email Marc sent to Iowa Music Showcase

"Somewhere along the way I started writing songs, now I can't stop."
- from his Facebook page

Lineup:
Marc Bailey - vocals, guitar


Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/marcbailey.music/

SoundCloud:
https://soundcloud.com/arcailey

To download the whole podcast, right click on the link below and hit "Save as...":
https://archive.org/download/IowaMusicShowcaseEpisode56/Iowa%20Music%20Showcase%20-%20Episode%2056_.mp3

Labels: ,

No comments:

Popular Posts of the last 7 days

Popular Posts of last 30 days

Popular Posts of Past 365 Days

Most Popular Posts of All