Saturday, September 16, 2017

IMSC Ep 51 - Song 6: "OMG" by Angle



"Angle is an emcee/rapper who has 15 years experience writing, recording and performing. While the Des Moines area has been his home on and off most his life, Angle has traveled the country perfecting his craft. His impressive discography includes 9 self releases. Despite a distinguished resume', he is often left in the outer rim of Des Moines music circles. However, this is not bothersome or unfamiliar to the veteran rapper, who for most of his career has been proving himself lyrically on records and stages for almost two decades with no signs of slowing down."
- from Brian Campos on the Pants Off Podcast SoundCloud page

"It is gratifying to follow the music of someone like Angle over a long period. This writer has known him for 15 years and lost count of the albums and EPs of his that have been reviewed in Little Village. Angle (aka Jarid Catrenich) has always had a distinctive flow and powerful voice, but his writing has gotten deeper over the years.
- from a review by Kent Williams on the Little Village website

"I have a vision for every project I do and I follow it through to the very end. I've been rapping since I was in the 6th grade, before social norms and stereotypes had a chance to latch on. I've been recording and doing shows since 1998, when I was at the University of Iowa. I've released 3 solo albums, a group effort, and been featured on numerous other projects (check discography). Real life has dealt blow after blow after sucker punch to my creative endeavors as an emcee trying to get my truth out to as many folks I can. I'm not a starving artist because I belive in self presrvation, but I'm still very hungry. Throughout my treks I've had the laziest street team ever, but still love you people. Before I legally murder my stage name, I have much work to do. If you want to know anything else, just ask me. whoaYEAH!"
- from his Facebook page

Lineup:
Angle
White Andy
Production -Samuel Jonathan Johnson Jr


Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/angleoneous/

BandCamp:
https://angle1.bandcamp.com/

ReverbNation:
https://www.reverbnation.com/angleoneous

To download the podcast, click on the link below and hit "Save as...":
https://archive.org/download/IowaMusicShowcaseEpisode51/Iowa%20Music%20Showcase%20-%20Episode%2051_.mp3

No comments:

Popular Posts of the last 7 days

Popular Posts of last 30 days

Popular Posts of Past 365 Days

Most Popular Posts of All