Sunday, October 15, 2017

IMSC Ep 53 - Song 8: "Spookster" by Angle



"I have a vision for every project I do and I follow it through to the very end. I've been rapping since I was in the 6th grade, before social norms and stereotypes had a chance to latch on. I've been recording and doing shows since 1998, when I was at the University of Iowa. I've released 3 solo albums, a group effort, and been featured on numerous other projects (check discography). Real life has dealt blow after blow after sucker punch to my creative endeavors as an emcee trying to get my truth out to as many folks I can. I'm not a starving artist because I belive in self presrvation, but I'm still very hungry. Throughout my treks I've had the laziest street team ever, but still love you people. Before I legally murder my stage name, I have much work to do. If you want to know anything else, just ask me. whoaYEAH!"
- from his Facebook page

"Angle is an emcee/rapper who has 15 years experience writing, recording and performing. While the Des Moines area has been his home on and off most his life, Angle has traveled the country perfecting his craft. His impressive discography includes 9 self releases. Despite a distinguished resume', he is often left in the outer rim of Des Moines music circles. However, this is not bothersome or unfamiliar to the veteran rapper, who for most of his career has been proving himself lyrically on records and stages for almost two decades with no signs of slowing down."
- from the description of the Pants Off Podcast he was on

“It is no secret that I am a fan of jam bands, but those that know me well also know that I love good hip hop. I am a bit unfamiliar with the hip hop scene in Des Moines, but after meeting with Angle the other night, I am definitely anxious to start checking out more hip hop shows. And he certainly had me interested when he told me that he opened for Atmosphere in Iowa City a few years ago. Angle started writing rhymes during class in high school at SE Polk. It wasn’t easy though, as hip hop and rap music was not well received there. He started meeting more people and performing when he moved to Iowa City to attend the University of Iowa, and his first solo album was released in 2001. Although trying to make a name for himself could be difficult in Iowa, Angle says he will never move and he is happy doing what he is doing even if he doesn’t 'make it.'” from the article, "A New “Angle” on Hip Hop", by Hippie Chick on the DSM Vibe website

Production: Written & Recorded by Angle
Production by Coolzey
Mixed by Luke Tweedy & Coolzey
Mastered by Eugene Toale & Coolzey
One Leg Up Productions & Public School Records

 

Facebook:

BandCamp:

ReverbNation:

To download the whole podcast, right click on the link below and hit "Save as...":
https://archive.org/download/IowaMusicShowcaseEpisode53/Iowa%20Music%20Showcase%20-%20Episode%2053_.mp3

Labels: ,

No comments:

Popular Posts of the last 7 days

Popular Posts of last 30 days

Popular Posts of Past 365 Days

Most Popular Posts of All