Saturday, September 16, 2017

Ep 51 - Song 8 : "sippin" by Phantom Flex



"Coming out of central Iowa, PHANTOM FLEX is a force to be reckoned with. Mixing the styles of southern rap beats and heavy dubstep he is sure to turn the party up! He started djing in early 2013 after many years of playing in bands and experimenting in computer programs like fruity loops and acid pro studios. part time music maker, full time weed smoker."
- from his Facebook page

"My name is Adam Ellis also known as Phantom Flex. I was born and raised outside of Ames, IA in a terrible run down trailer park that was filled with junkies, people you generally don’t want your kids around. My grandparents took me in when I was a baby because my parents were unable to take care of multiple children. Being raised by my grandparents, while seeing my brother with my actual parents, made me feel isolated. It made me want to strive harder for what I wanted to achieve the goals I have set forth. My grandparents were very supportive growing up, which allowed me to get involved with art and music. They showed me how to love unconditionally without question. They taught me to accept people of all race, creed, color, sexual orientation, etc etc and treat them as my own brother or sister...

"(What what moitivates me to follow and pursue my passion is) the desire to share my creations. The satisfaction it gives me when I know something That I have put my heart and soul into can touch a person's emotion and make them move, dance, and feel a certain way.

'Music also brings people together in a place of no judgement. I like being the maestro and soundtrack to people's lives, making a difference for them even if they do not realize it."
- from an interview on the Made4Mankind Clothing website

Lineup:
Adam Ellis - all instruments, programming, etc


Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/daghostwiththemost/

SoundCloud:
https://soundcloud.com/phantomflex

To download the podcast, click on the link below and hit "Save as...":
https://archive.org/download/IowaMusicShowcaseEpisode51/Iowa%20Music%20Showcase%20-%20Episode%2051_.mp3

No comments:

Popular Posts of the last 7 days

Popular Posts of last 30 days

Popular Posts of Past 365 Days

Most Popular Posts of All